Re: framebuffer in 2.6.9, anybody got it working?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 09:59:48AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
   > Sridhar M.A. wrote:
   > >On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:55:23PM -0500, H. S. wrote:
   > >   > I have been trying to get frambuffer bootup work in 2.6.9 without
   > >   > success so far. Cannot get the logo at all.
   > >
   > >I have it on my machine with a custom logo on bootup. I thought I would
   > >like to see something other than Tux on bootup screen.
   > >
   > >The debian kernels do not give the logo. (I tried 2.6.6/7/8/9). The
   > >configuration for the logo to show up is now a separate option unlike in
   > >2.4.
   > >
   > >   >
   > >   > If somebody has that high resolution screen boot up working with the
   > >   tux > logo in 2.6.9, could you post the relevant parts of the .config
   > >   file?
   > >   >
   > >Here is the relevant portion of my config file:
   >
   > What are your boot parms with those fonts?

Sorry if I am misreading you. Are you referring to the standard kernel
or my compiled kernel? These are the options I am passing:

kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 root=/dev/hda3 ro ide0=ata66 idebus=66 vga=791

That generally switches to high res mode (both standard and mine), but
in the latter I did not get the logo. I generally like to compile my own
kernel and load things that are necessary. Most of the things I never
need, so I drop them.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Out of the crooked timber of humanity no straight thing can ever be made.
		-- Immanuel Kant