about cups-client

Hi
I got some troubles on configuring cups client machines. I saw this in debian maillinglist:
On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:35:08AM -0400, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> For the benefit of anyone else trying this, you don't have to touch
> anything on the client machine(s). Just the default install of the basic
> CUPS packages is needed on the client. The CUPS daemon running on the
> client will then automatically discover the printer(s) on the local
> network, and the printcap file for the remote printer will show up at
> /var/run/cups/printcap on the client. At that point, the remote printer
> will be available to your applications to print from.

What's wrong with just putting the servers name in
/etc/cups/client.conf?

There's no need to be running another daemon ... all you need in
debian to use cups on another server is cupsys-client and it's
depends.

However, I installed cupsys-client pacakage, and added the ServerName in /etc/cups/client.conf. After that
lpstat could see the printer name and status. But when I use lp -d printername filename, lpstat said "
sending 341515 bytes..... " something like this for a long time.  And the printer on the server did not reponse.
So what's the matter?  The server uses cupsys and seems quite normal. other client machines( windows or BSD lpr system in linux)
could use the printer withou problems.
Thanks

--
Tiger Chen