Can't SSH in to my machine from off site

I'm running mostly Woody with some Sarge updates, and I can't seem to
SSH in to my machine from offsite. I can do it on the LAN, so I know
sshd is running and working, and I can't do it when I hook my Linux
box straight into our DSL line, so I suspect it's probably not the
router (a DI-604).

I've asked other people on my ISP if their port 22 is being blocked,
and I've also tried running sshd on port 60.

I had a similar hardware setup with a machine with a Mandrake 10
install and it worked fine. There's a little more information here in
this LinuxQuestions.org thread:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248641

Does anyone have any suggestions about things I might have overlooked?
Attempts to connect just timeout with no response.

--
chuk