Default Routes, configuring networking

I'm not a complete Linux novice, but I'm beating my head against a wall.

I have 2 systems with Sarge installed. I connect through a standard Hub,
onto a Windows Domain (PDC & BDC are Win2k Server) with 2 Redhat DNS
servers and then out to the Internet through a Smoothwall Firewall on a 2Mb
Cable connection.

My problem is this - I can browse via SMB4K the Windows Domain (haven't
tried the CLI SaMBa client yet), and I can happily ping using IP addresses
and/or names from other systems on the network (a mix of Mandrake, Redhat
and Windows XP). However, the two Sarge boxes cannot ping each other or
other systems by name, only by IP address (local net range 192.168.0.x). I
can ping external (Internet) hosts using their names &/or IP address.

I have done some digging around and I think it has something to do with the
network routing set up on the Sarge boxes. (netstat -r output below)

Destination   Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
192.168.0.0   *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth0
default       firewall        0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth0

/etc/resolv.conf:
search ezcomputers.co.uk
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 192.168.0.2
nameserver 10.1.1.10
nameserver 10.1.1.11

192.168.0.1/2 are the PDC & BDC
10.1.1.10/11 are local DNS servers 1 & 2

/etc/host.conf:
order hosts,bind
multi on

They are both set to be DHCP clients.

I'm guessing the problem lies with the second line of netstat -r, but I am
having trouble working out how to fix this or even what I should fix it to!
I do not have any firewall installed as far as I can tell, ie. no package
called Firewall appears in Synaptic.

Can anyone give me some guidance? I would really appreciate it.