Re: Kernel 2.4

Hello

Joao Clemente (<jpcl@rnl.ist.utl.pt>) wrote:

> I would ask the same question Michael did, but the other way around:
> Why should I update to 2.6 when I'm perfectly happy with my 2.4
> kernel? My hardware is completely supported at this moment, so what
> features (non-hardware-support-related) are there in 2.6 that would
> make me want to change?

I don't know which advantages 2.6 has for you, but for me, using 2.6
means, among other things, integrated Alsa, lmsensors and crytoloop.
For a more detailed list of changes, please read

<http://www.linux.org.uk/~davej/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt>

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270