Re: Linux and IPR

ken keanon writes:
> BTW, if SCO sues Debian, will Debian have the resources to fight the case
> in court?

The SCO Group (which is _not_ the same company as the old Santa Cruz
Operation) will not be suing anyone else.  IBM is destroying them.

If someone else was to file a TSG-style suit against SPI and/or the Debian
developers the EFF, the FSF, and the entire Free and Open Source movements
would come to our aid.  We could expect our legal team to include the likes
of Lawerence Lessig and Eben Moglen.  There would be no shortage of money
or legal talent.

Paolo Alexis Falcone writes:
> What SCO does is patently illegal and reeks of the worst things corporate
> greed can muster, yet they still go unpunished.

By this time next year IBM's Nazgul will be patiently sorting through the
rubble of TSG for the evidence that will allow them to pierce the corporate
veil and go after the principals.
--
John Hasler