Re: Creative SoundBlaster Live! - how to get it working?

John covici wrote:
You should do a lspci -v and make sure you really have a sound blaster
live -- it should tell you its identity.  If you can't modprobe
emu10k1, my guess is that you do not have that chip.

Interesting! That comes up with
0000:04:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
        Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 1006
        I/O ports at e480 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

But I saw the guy put the card in and the box here definitely says ''Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit'' all over it....

Make sure its the correct version for the kernel as well.
Mmmm. how do I check that?

Cheers, Michael