Re: install package - dependies

Mariusz Antonik wrote:
Hi.
I want try to build a kernel 2.6.9
To do this I nead install qt develop package.

Why not just get the Debian 2.6.9 kernel-source package or get the Linux 2.6.9 kernel, get you favorite .config, use make menuconfig to tune it, run make-kpkg --revision 1 kernel_image or such, dpkg -i the .deb it made and you got your 2.6.9 kernel.

Isn't the installation of libqt3-dev a separate issue?

I find a libqt3-dev but when i
try it give me a long list of dependies:
apt-get install libqt3-dev

libqt3-dev: Depends: xlibs-static-dev (>= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libxrandr-dev (>= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libxmu-dev (>= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libx11-dev (>= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libxt-dev (>= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libmng-dev (>= 1.0.3) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libpng12-0-dev
              Depends: zlib1g-dev but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libfreetype6-dev but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: xlibmesa-gl-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                       libgl-dev
              Depends: xlibmesa-glu-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                       libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                       libglu-dev
              Depends: libxft-dev but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libxrender-dev but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libxcursor-dev but it is not going to be installed

I try install xlibs-static-dev but this again give a list of dependies.
How I can install package that it can yourself recognise all dependies and install it?

Thanks for help