Re: change conffiles

Michael Spang wrote:

Richard Kemp wrote:

How to install my own conffiles like /etc/bash.bashrc or /etc/screenrc with a debian package without conflicts with the real package ?

This is strongly not recommended (by some Debian doc..somewhere..), though it might be possible to divert the originals. Packages aren't supposed to mess with others' conffiles, even if they are custom built with that purpose in mind.

Michael Spang

I know that it's not recommended. But that would be very practical to be able to maintain its own conffiles easily.