slightly OT: debian-friendly print server?

hi folks,

this is a hardware question, so maybe slightly OT.  I am looking for a
way to make our 2 printers easily accessible over the 'net, nad wouldl
ove to hear back on other people's experience.  here's
what we have:

1 brother hl-1440 laser printer
1 canon s520 inkjet printer
2 debian boxes (one laptop, one desktop)
2 windows boxes

network currently runs through a smc2404wbr wireless (802.11b) router
(which I confess doesn't work all that well).  I'm looking for
something that would make one or, preferably, both the printers
accessible directly over the net, and that isn't a huge pain to make
work with the debian boxes (I've had some difficulty with shared
printers over SAMBA at work, tho I think that's partly the fault of
the Windoze admins there).  both these printers accept parallel port and
USB 1.1/2.0 connections, so either mode would be fine, tho I guess usb
2.0 would be best.  I'd also be willing to pay out a few more bucks
for a combination wireless router/ print server, since our router
kinda sucks.

Look forward to hearing from y'all!
matt

 .''`.       Matt Price