Standard practice with missing dependencies?

Hi guys,

I went to "apt-get install sun-j2sdk1.4debian", but I was smacked down with this error:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  sun-j2sdk1.4debian: Depends: sun-j2sdk1.4 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
foozle:/home/cconvey# apt-get install --fix-missing sun-j2sdk1.4debian
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  sun-j2sdk1.4debian: Depends: sun-j2sdk1.4 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

So my guess is that there's *probably* something lacking about my sources.list file.

What's the general approach people take to rectify their sources.list file when they get the error that I got?

I mean, I could Google for the missing package (sun-j2sdk1.4), but will that necessarily help me understand what to add in sources.list?

Thanks,
Christian

P.S.: Here's the content of my sources.list file:

deb file:///home/ftp/debian/       testing         main non-free contrib
deb file:///home/ftp/debian/       unstable        main non-free contrib
deb file:///home/ftp/debian-non-US testing/non-US  main contrib non-free
deb file:///home/ftp/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb file:///home/ftp/marillat/     testing         main
deb file:///home/ftp/marillat/     unstable        main

--
Christian Convey
Computer Scientist,