Re: sarge gdm language entry, howto add language?

Answering to myself: dpkg-reconfigure locales will place wichever locales you select in gdm language chooser....

But, unfortunately, this has not given me the functionality I was hoping to get... (well, it almost did...) :

I was hoping to use gdm (because of this language feature) to enter kde with the chosen language for the user... But I found out that unfortunately this language chooser only works for gnome sessions... kde language setting must be made inside kde's control panel...

Is there any workaround known, so that I can have a "interface language" chooser in gdm/kdm/whatever that changes the language displayed by kde?

Thanks
Joao clemente

Joao Clemente wrote:
Hi.
Can someone please tell me how to add a language entry to gdm Language option? I have googled and saw a dscussion where it seemed that this was hardcoded in gdm, what does not makes sense to me.. I installed kde-i18n-pt and my guess is that I'm mising some package, maybe gnome related, that enables "pt" to show up in gdm language listing..
I've tried
"apt-cache search pt | grep gdm" and
"apt-cache search pt | grep gnome" but none of these show any interesting results...

(using sarge)
Thanks
Joao Clemente