Re: dual-OS system

ken keanon <kenkeanon@yahoo.com> writes:

> 1. How easy is it to switch from one OS to another? Is rebooting the
> only way?

Very easy. Just let lilo or grub know about WinXP, and you are good to
go.  In your setup, you have to reboot to get to the other OS.

> 2. Linux uses ext2 or ext3 filesystem, XP uses NTFS. Can files be swap
> between the two? More likely I wouldl be copying Linux file to XP,
> e.g. log files required for troubleshooting.

There is supposed to be a program that gives WinXP ext2 support, but I
really don't know for sure.  Linux can read NTFS.

--
John L. Fjellstad web: http://www.fjellstad.org/ Quis custodiet ipsos
custodes