Re: printing from firefox

Rich Wellner wrote:

> I get an error printing from firefox saying "A broken version of the X print
> server (Xprt) has been detected.  Note that printing using this Xprt server
> may not work properly.  Please contact the server vendor for a fixed version".
>
> I've updated xprt-common, but that didn't seem to do anything.  Are there
> other packages which I must touch?

Hi,

Maybe you have the package "xprt" installed?  If so you should remove it
and install "xprt-xprintorg" instead.  Apparently the two are supposed
to be equivalent, but xprt is pretty broken, so I'm not sure why it is
even packaged.

I think you can also print to PostScript in Firefox without using Xprint
-- in the Print dialog, change the "Printer" selection box to read
PostScript/default, then in Properties you can set options for lpr to use.

Good luck,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544