Re: apt-get Failure

Michael Spang wrote:

Sed's postinst contains this line, which fails:

sudo install-info --quiet --section "General commands" "General commands" /usr/share/info/sed.info

The bug is apparently resolved so a fix should be on the way.

Robert Tilley wrote:

The sed package causes apt-get upgrade to stop.

root@debian-rtg:~# apt-get -f upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libqt3-compat-headers libqt3-headers libqt3-mt-dev libqt3c102-mt
  qt3-dev-tools
  console-data inkscape kernel-image-2.6.9-1-686 kvim-perl libexif10
mozilla-stumbleupon python-gnome2 python2.3-gnome2 qt3-assistant qt3-doc
  qt3-qtconfig valgrind vim vim-common vim-doc
15 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/35.8MB of archives.
After unpacking 1061kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Reading changelogs...
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up sed (4.1.2-2) ...

No `START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY' and no `This file documents'.
install-info(/usr/share/info/sed.info): unable to determine description for `dir' entry - giving up
dpkg: error processing sed (--configure):
 sed

Can someone with more knowledge than myself provide some insight into this problem?

Bob

so what do I do meantime? I'm in the middle of switching from stable to unstable when it hit the `sed` issue & aborted the dist-upgrade. I guess i have to wait for the bug-fix to get into unstable and then try again? (BTW followed the link in another email but it didn't really help me)

michael