Re: unstable to testing

Curtis Vaughan wrote:
I was just looking at the sources.list file on our Debian server and I realized we had unstable sources. I would guess that I used unstable in order to get Samba 3, which maybe wasn't available in testing at the time. But I don't know. Anyhow, I would rather be using testing. So, is it rather painless to move from unstable to testing? And what's the best way to approach that?

Curtis

Change your sources.list to point testing and wait for testing to
catch up with you.  Conversely, if you feel comfortable, hunt down
the packages that have lower versions in testing (meaning that they
show up on your machine as being newer than the version in the
archive) and downgrade them individually or a few at a time.

Be careful if you decide to do a mass downgrade.  Remeber that in
unstable and testing package behaviors can change significantly
even between minor point upgrades.

-Roberto Sanchez