Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

On 2004-11-16, Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:21:30PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

>> But F-Prot sucks by default because it is nonfree.  Check out clamav
>> instead.  http://www.clamav.net/

> Well and to close the circle clamav sucks by default cause the virus
> database is not maintained by an commercial entity working 24/7 on it.

I agree. Free software is not better by default with virus protection.
Some people make a living in that crazy virus/antivirus viscious cycle,
and some of them are good at it. If you have to be a (consumer) part of
that cycle, tough.

--
Juha Siltala
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/activity/people/jsiltala/