Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:21:30PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Will Ness <wilderness48@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > F-Prot is a good linux anti-virus for linux. Spyware, you got me, but
> > as earlier posters said, be smart about how you use your browser and
> > you will be generally ok.
>
> But F-Prot sucks by default because it is nonfree.  Check out clamav
> instead.  http://www.clamav.net/
Well and to close the circle clamav sucks by default cause the virus
database is not maintained by an commercial entity working 24/7 on it.

Nearly all commercial AV Vendors offer Linux versions these days so
you can choose one fitting your needs.

Sven
--
Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,