Sarge Base install not chipper

Yo;
I just downloaded disc 1 of Sarge (Kernal 2.4.27) the other day and went
through the base system installation.  I went into the bootloader (GRUB from
my dual-booted SuSE 9.1 installation), selected Debian (Set to boot
from /vmlinuz on the debian partition), and hit enter...  the screen goes
black, the lights on the keyboard flash... a classic crash.  Any tips?
           Thanx,
               SigmaChi
--
Registered Linux user #366862

This message was sent from a Microsoft-Free 750MHz Athlon system running SuSE
Linux 9.1 (Kernel 2.6.5). "Failure is not an option with Microsoft; it's
bundled with the software!"

"A Linux Only area  Happy bug hunting M$ clan, The time is here to FORGET
that M$ Corp ever existed the world does not NEED M$ Corp the world has NO USE
for M$ Corp  it is time to END M$ Corp"
				-snipped from the signature of Peter Nikolic