Re: why debian

Steve Lamb wrote:
[snip]

Just my 2 cents, but trying to make everything relative won't do. There are plenty of standards by which things can be judged (whether anti-aliasing, interface design or meringues smothered in strawberry sauce) though whether someone likes them or not is merely a question of taste. Some outfits put a great deal of effort into being user-friendly for new or non-technical users (which includes setting up networking and putting help icons on the screen) and others do not. Some people believe that reaching out to such users requires a quite different approach from appealing to IT professionals or developers' peers. Good design can be assessed objectively and it does matter.

Still, as I've just wiped off Debian in favour of SuSe 9.2, at least for the time being, I've no longer a place here so am signing off.

:)

Fish