Re: apt .v. aptitude (was Re: how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?)

 --- Jon Dowland <dowland@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:21:54 +0000 (GMT), Thomas Adam
> <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I can see no advantages to using aptitude over apt-get.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, d-i uses aptitude (or maybe its a cut-down fork
> or something). If a user installs using the new d-i, opts for manual
> package configuration, is it impossible to avoid using aptitude?

Who cares? Although, if aptitude is being used as a "replacement" for
apt-get, a bug report should be filed against it. Making those sorts of
descisions are best left to the user.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net