Re: I need a fast installation method

On Sunday 14 November 2004 04:20 pm, Nicolas Patik wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering which are your favorites fast installation
> methods?
>
> I need to have ready a fast install method,
> what do you suggest?
> anything apt related?
> or creating my own CD?
> or a NFS install?
>
> Is it possible to install from only one floppy?
>
> Thanks,

A network (netinst.iso) install with a local mirror is as fast as the
network connection used (the bottleneck so to speak), and faster than a
cdrom/dvd or internet install.

If you do lots of typical installs a disk imaging setup may be worth
considering, i.e. partimage, via Feather Linux.
--
Greg C. Madden