Re: Debian and spam

Incoming from Chris Lale:
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 17:21, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
>
> Thanks! Works with slight modification:
>
> for f in cur/*; do
>     perl adcomplain.pl < $f
......^^^^
> done

You can fix that with chmod:

  chmod 744 adcomplain.pl

and move adcomplain.pl to one of the dirs in your PATH.  You may need
to "rehash" for it to take effect, depending on the shell you use.

> > I haven't used adcomplain, so ymmv.  Consider going to Spamcop.net,
>
> The reason that I was interested in adcomplain is that you identify and
> report direct to the originator's ISP. This was the argument put forward

... Assuming adcomplain.pl is smart enough to recognize forged sender
addresses.  If it's not smart enough, you'll end up reporting
forgeries to the ISPs of innocent bystanders.  I don't know if
adcomplain is smart enough; don't know, never used it.  Spamcop isn't
tricked by forgeries.

If adcomplain is smart enough, then it has one advantage over
Spamcop.  You can report viruses, which Spamcop doesn't allow.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -