Re: [OT] Gates has spyware on his home machines

Alex Malinovich wrote:
On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 14:11 -0500, William Ballard wrote:
--snip--

The two only time I ever got a virus were (1) a floppy at the university
in 1993 and (2) Code Red when my machine was on CorpNet at Microsoft.

Come to think of it, the only time I've ever had a virus or spyware on
my computer was when I was running Windows. And the more I think about
it, the only time I ever had any REAL problems with my computer, it was
while running Windows. (Well, I did have a few kernel panics over the
years, but those have been mostly my fault.) Gee, I'm seeing a pattern
here. :)

I had windows-95 back in 1995 and I was plagued by the "vivo mexico" virus that kept enlarging command.com, killing win95, needing a reinstall. I reinstalled that baby at least 50 times, before I found why that was happening... As I recall you would find it when you started a DOS-box.