Re: [OT] Printing hardcopy from an application

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:00:20 +0100, David wrote:
> The solution I've come up with is to rely upon Latex.  That is, generate
> the output text, insert any tex formatting and send this to a temporary
> file, let "dvips" convert to postscript and pipe this to "lp" or "lpr".

I've used latex before, but that needs to generate a fair number of
files from your input foo.tex document, so it can be painful making
sure that none of these overwrite existing files and to clean them all
up afterwards. groff is neater in this respect, as you can just pipe
strings into the lpr command.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply