Re: fullscreen with mplayer

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 07:49 -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 06:26:09AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 12:38 +0100, Christian Christmann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've installed mplayer from the sarge packages. The player works fine
> > > but I can't use it in fullscreen mode. I've tried all available drivers
> > > for the video options but the screen size still remains small.
> > > My graphic card is a Vipper 770, lspci indicates:
> > > nVidia Corporation NV5 [RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro] (rev 11)
> >
> > I think "full screen" means "no windows".  You'd have to add other
> > switches to make the picture bigger.
> >
> > Do "man mplayer", and search for the "-fs" option to see what I'm
> > talking about.
> >

> mplayer -vo xv -fs moviefile

$ man mplayer
       -fs
              Fullscreen playing  (centers  movie,  and  makes
              black  bands around it).  Toggle it with the 'f'
              key (not all video outputs support it).  See al-
              so -zoom.

Note the "makes black bands around it" and "See also -zoom".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Peace won by compromise is usually a short-lived achievement."
Winfield Scott (?)