Re: Reusing .debs

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 12:21 +0000, Jim Bailey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a quick and  dirty way to get debian to use the
> /var/cache/apt/archives .debs from another machine?

If the other machine's debs are up to date, then just scp them
into your own /var/cache/apt/archives, and do "apt-get update".

It's been my experience that apt-get looks in /var/cache/apt/archives
before trying to d/l.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and
cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid
rain."
Pierre Trudeau