Getting htdig to work with apache2

I've been reading the article on setting up an htdig index on NewsForge.

Everything seems to work just fine until I try and run the search
form. The page comes up but whenever I click on the search button I
get a download dialog because the htsearch is a "BIN file."

I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why apache2
apparently won't run this cgi program. I've been through all the
documentation regarding ScriptAlias, the Add-Directive stuff, etc, etc
and nothing seems to work.

I'm running testing and previously hadn't altered any of the apache2
configuration files, as I don't generally do anything particularly
clever with my webserver.

Has anyone any suggestions?

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |