Re: why debian

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 09:01 -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 14:48 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:35:41 +0200, Emil Perhinschi <emilper@emilper.ro> wrote:
> >
> > > I don't like Debian very much :)
> >
> > You don't seem to explain why, though.
>
> I actually think he explained it extremely well. He uses Debian because
> it just works. But the reason that he doesn't like it, is because it
> 'just works'. Sometimes setting up a Slackware system is considerably
> more time-consuming and, more importantly, considerably more rewarding
> than setting up a Debian system. I think that's why he 'doesn't like'
> Debian. For him, Debian is a great tool but not one that he has any
> particular attachment to.

Like a minivan?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking crap
- you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating crap
from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483