To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: moving from woody to sarge

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:03:39PM -0000, linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk
wrote:
okay, I'm going to take the plunge and forget about using ''woody'' &
trying to upgrade the kernel (too many dependencies issues) and go str for
''sarge''... so, I presume I might as well just wipe the current
(non-WinXP!) partitions and start from scratch -- does that make sense?

You can keep your /home partition if you have one.  I consider that to
be one of the big benefits of partitioning a system: When you nuke it,
you can still keep your user data. =)

Good luck with sarge.  I've found it to be just fine for my purposes.

Jeremy