Re: Still can't get mplayer to play Car Talk!

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:53:03 GMT, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm using the current unstable
> version of mplayer-k6 from ftp.nerim.net and all the relevant packages.
>
> When I try to play Car Talk with mplayer, it caches but then dies with
> this error:

[...]

> What do I have to do to get mplayer to find and use this codec?!  (It
> used to work and mysteriously stopped a few weeks ago.)

I don't know if they started to use newer Realaudio codecs or codecs
not completely supported by mplayer, so maybe you can try asking on
the user mailing list of mplayer.

I know you asked explicitly to play them with mplayer, but if can be
an option, the new RealPlayer 10 seems to works with them...

Andrea