Re: experiences with Debian Alpha

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:35 +1300, Steven Jones wrote:
> Has anybody set up Debian on an Alpha?
>
> Specifically a DS10?
>
> If so, can you point me at some docs / hints / tips / pit falls
> to avoid to start such a install?
>
> I want to build a hi-speed sendmail/postfix gateway with clamav
> if I can. Easy on intel, but this is my first alpha box and the
> only hardware I have available for now.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/alpha/pre-rc2/sarge-alpha-netinst.iso

Burn this ISO using your x86 box, and go to town.

Also, note that there is a ML dedicated to the Alpha, and it should
be of direct assistance to you.

http://lists.debian.org/
http://lists.debian.org/ports.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines