Re: global addressbook

In message <2YXAs-7FN-15@gated-at.bofh.it>, Alexei Chetroi <debian@lexa.uniflux-line.net> writes

The slapd log shows a connection being opened and immediately closed.
Even on maximum verbosity I can't get any more details. I've given up

 Is slapd service listed and allowing localhost connects in
/etc/host.allow and hosts.deny files. Does slapd listens on localhost?

I think it must, or no connection would be opened. hosts.allow allows all services for localhost. But I also have problems using a perl LDAP script from a remote host. I can read but not write, which doesn't make sense as I'm supplying the same password as with LDAPExplorerTool, running on the same client OS on the same machine, which can read and write. The slapd log for the latter just shows the connection proceeding normally, without any clue about why it is accepted but other clients aren't.

for the moment, I'll put some more effort into it when Sarge goes stable
and I can assume known OpenLDAP bugs are more or less cleared.

 I have slapd working from sarge without any problem.

 Good luck!

Thanks. It's not providing a vital service at the moment, just an email directory, but I have vague plans to use it for other things. When I get the time...
--
Joe