Re: global addressbook

In message <2YLpy-7pI-1@gated-at.bofh.it>, Jeremy Turner <jeremy@linuxwebguy.com> writes
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 07:09:19PM +0000, Joe wrote:
and only then on Woody as I can't seem to get OpenLDAP to work on
Sarge.

What issues are you having with OpenLDAP on sarge?  I installed and
configured it this weekend with libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap from
sarge.

I can only seem to save to it from LDAPExplorerTool, running on Windows. Neither ldapadd nor the perl LDAP module seem to be able to store anything in it. I haven't tried slapadd, as I want schema checking.

I'm using simple authentication, no certificates, nothing exotic. This script works on the Woody installation, but not on the Sarge one:

#!/bin/bash
ldapadd -x -D "cn=admin,dc=jretrading,dc=com" -W -f /home/joe/ldif.add

where ldif.add is an appropriate LDIF file. I know I'm giving it the right password because it works with LDAPExplorerTool.

The slapd log shows a connection being opened and immediately closed. Even on maximum verbosity I can't get any more details. I've given up for the moment, I'll put some more effort into it when Sarge goes stable and I can assume known OpenLDAP bugs are more or less cleared.
--
Joe