Re: how to debug a random freezing problem?

Hi Adam,

If heat is the problem, I strongly suggest installing powernowd. It
requires a very recent kernel (I'm running 2.6.8-1). After installed,
you enable it on bootup (you can use rcconf). That's all, just set it
and forget it. I'm not sure if it will work on every laptop processor,
but does fine with my Centrino. It reduced the temperature from 60
degrees Celsius to 45 degrees. It performs this magic by throttling the
cpu when usage is low, and automatically boosting it back to 100% when
demand requires it. There must be some performance hit, but very slight
- I don't even notice it.

regards,
Robert