Problem with Apache2 / PHP4

Hi,

My server is running Apache2 and PHP4 (4.3.9) from sarge. Yesterday, I
did an apt-get update / apt-get upgrade which updated apache and some
other stuff. After Apache was restarted, I got errors like:

Warning: preg_match: internal pcre_fullinfo() error -3 in ... on line ...

After some Googleing (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=29914), I found out
that it probably has to do with PHP being compiled with
--with-pcre-regex=/usr instead of just --with-pcre-regex, which is also
the case with the package I use.

Does anybody know how I can correct this, or how I can go back to e.g.
4.38 to get my configuration working again?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick van Elk