Re: Oh, NO! Not that same "No Sound" question again...

> i810_audio             21248   0
> ac97_codec              9568   0  [i810_audio]
> soundcore               3236   2  [i810_audio]

What kernel version is this?

How recent is the alsaconf package?

If you try unloading all OSS modules (including all three above)
and then run alsaconf does it work then? Try commenting the above
modules out from being loaded, then reboot to be totally clean,
and *then* (without these modules having been loaded at all) run
alsaconf.

This is what did it for me. I have a different card but you can
see what I did at
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/computing/ahdg/ahdg/node58.html

(Look this week 'cos the document will be upgraded this weekend
and node numbering is bound to change.)

Hope that helps ...

Alexis