Re: global addressbook

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:29:58 +0545, Ritesh Raj Sarraf
<riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 04:06 pm, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:02:16 +0545, Ritesh Raj Sarraf
> >
> > <riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear User,
> > >  On my laptop I use Pine and Kmail to check my emails. I'm very happy
> > > using them. I use IMAP so that my emails are centralized and MUA
> > > independent.
> > >
> > > I was thinking of a similar solution for my addressbook. Is there some
> > > lightweight software which could act as a centralized addressbook
> > > repository and serve these kind of MUA's ?
> >
> > I don't know if LDAP is lightweight enough... =)
> >

> LDAP was in my list but I don't think it's lightweight. Aren't there options
> besides it ??

None that i'm aware of. The problem here is you need something that
works with Pine and Kmail, maybe someone else on this list can
suggests something...

Andrea

P.S. even if the "L" in LDAP stands for lightweight, like you i think
that LDAP is overkill for what you need, so maybe it's time for a name
change... =)