gnome-cups-manager setup of DLink DI-704P print server (Sarge) - HELP!

I have a Pentium 4 machine with Sarge newly installed. It connects to
the Internet through a DLink DI-704P router, which also has a printer
port. I have a printer connected to the router's printer port - a Canon BJC250. I have installed various cups related packages.

Before installing Sarge I had a Woody system with lprng installed. I
could use the DI-704P/BJC250 combination with no problem. In Sarge I saw that there is a GUI print manager tool, gnome-cups-manager, so I attempted to install and use CUPS instead of lprng so as to be able to use gnome-cups-manager.

In the "Connection" tab of gnome-cups-manager I have tried various entries. For example, I have selected Network Printer - Unix Printer (LPD) - and put in the Host field "192.168.0.1" and in the "Queue" field "lp" (which echoes as asterisks!!??) The printer apparently configures correctly. So e.g. in the Abiword print dialogue, "BJC-250" appears as one of the selections. However, if I print from Abiword to that printer, the print job shows as "pending: printer stopped". The "Properties" for the BJC-250 shows: Paused: connected to 192.168.0.1. Nothing works. I have tried other entries in the "Connection" dialog, which do much the same. Also, "Print Test Page" produces much the same result.

Can someone tell me how to use the gnome-cups-manager to configure the router and printer??

With lprng/Woody the following entry in etc/printcap worked just fine:

BJC250BlackDLink|lp|BJC250 in B&W mode via router:\
        :rm=192.168.0.1:\
        :rp=lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/BJC250BlackDLink:\
        :lpd_bounce:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
	:if=/var/spool/lpd/filters/bjc250black:\
        :pl#66:\
        :pw#80:\
        :pc#150:\
        :mx#0:\