Re: playing cds

Sean wrote:
Ok, I have my cd-rom drive conected to my sound card.and normal sound works but cd's do not. I am a member of groups audio and disk. cdcd doesn't give me any error messages, but nothing plays. What am I missing here? Where should I look for any error messages. Sean

A few days ago in this list I asked exactly the same question.
Except that I always could play cd's with OSS.
I switched to Alsa and nobody could answer why I had sound for everything except no cd: the slider never showed up in alsamixer.

I went back to OSS: all sound and play cd's too.

Hugo.