Re: playing cds

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:37:00 -0700, Sean <seanm@dakotacom.net> wrote:
> Ok, I have my cd-rom drive conected to my sound card.and normal sound
> works but cd's do not.  I am a member of groups audio and disk.  cdcd
> doesn't give me any error messages, but nothing plays.  What am I
> missing here?  Where should I look for any error messages.
> Sean

Look in your mixer or volume manager, and play with the cursors, with
my cheap integrated VIA VT8233 and ALSA the CD volume is adjusted with
both the "Surround" and "CD" controls. Never tried to use OSS.

For the error messages, don't know if you can raise the verbose level,
but usually you'll find them in /var/log/syslog.

Andrea