Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader

* Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kamaraju@gmail.com> [041106 22:54]:

> Forgive me if I am missing something obvious but why cant you just
> apt-get the acroread package?

Because it's not part of Debian, nor is it in the contrib or non-free
section, since it's license doesn't allow it.

> $apt-cache search acroread
> pdfscreen - Make PDF documents which are printable and readable on screen too
> acroread - Adobe Acrobat Reader: Portable Document Format file viewer
> acroread-debian-files - Debian specific parts of Adobe Acrobat Reader
> acroread-plugin - Adobe Acrobat(R) Reader plugin for mozilla / konqueror

Please take a look at »apt-cache policy acroread«.  Those are not
packages from Debian, but perhaps vom ftp.nerim.net or any other mirror
of Christian Marillats packages.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander