Permanent disabling sound in X isn't possible (Re: Sounds off in bash)

>  --- Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@orpatec.ch> wrote:
> > Creating the above .xsession files disables the default XFCE4 startup
> > and I get only an empty X screen. So what now?
>
> You want to have a file such as this:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> #type any additional commands you want to launch here
>
> #Now launch the window manager
> xfce-mcs-manager
> xfwm4 --daemon
> xftaskbar4 &
> xfdesktop &
> exec xfce4-panel
>
> Save that as ~/.xsession. chmod 700 ~/.xsession

Sorry, even with this setup (plus the "xsetb off") I'm not able to
create a standard XFCE4 desktop, there is a warning not compatible with
"freedesktop.org".

It's now 2 weeks later, I've asked in 2 different newsgroups, poked
around every possible place on the net and still don't know how to
permanenty disable the sound in X. How can Linux ever become a contender
in the desktop marked if such a simple thing can't be accomplished?!?

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";