logrotate and format of files

Dear List,

I am trying to use logrotate to rotate our logfiles on
a multi-vhost-webserver.

For usability, scriptability and so on we want to use
the following formats:
Now: <SERVERNAME>_access.log
Yesterday: <SERVERNAME>_access_YYMMDD.log

I read A LOT of docu, as well of logrotate and rotatelogs.
Unfortunately logrotate has a LOT of features but non
documented directive that says how the rotate file should
be named. It just counts as used to in /var/log/* for
example.

Does anybody has a hint how I can achieve the thing we
want to?!?

Thanks,

Matthias