[OT] lftp not using cached directory listings

Uploading changes to my webhost with lftp always takes about 10
minutes, even when only one or two files among 300 have changed.

I want to tell lftp to only consider files that have changed since the
last upload. I thought that this is what --use-cache option was for,
but that option does not make any difference. I also have a line
saying "cache on" in my lftp script file. All to no avail.

What should I do?

--
Alex Polite
http://polite.se