Re: Kernel 2.6.8 and usb

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:48:47 -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:

> As an update to this....
>
> I just did an apt-get upgrade this morning and a new hotplug package
> version was installed.  I was booted into the 2.6.8 kernel at the time and
> decided to do an "/etc/init.d/hotplug restart".  Wonder of wonders! With
> the new version of hotplug it restarted successfully and loaded both my
> printer and scanner.
>
> I thought that was great so I rebooted to see if this would work from at
> boot time and my system hung again.  After I had to hit the manual reset
> switch to get out of that I couldn't restart hotplug at all after booting
> into the system.  I figured it got corrupted because of just having to
> power off the system so I uninstalled it, rebooted to completely reset the
> system environment, reinstalled hotplug, and once again my printer and
> scanner are working under the 2.6.8 kernel.   Sure wish I could boot up
> with them installed but at least I can use them with this kernel now.

encouraging, but I'll wait till it Just Works(r) <g>. In a similar vein,
I have to restart cups if my parallel printer is turned on before boot; my
camera (Canon A75), which worked perfectly a week ago, is MIA- lsusb sees
it, ghoto2 feigns ignorance. Thank goodness for weekends...

BTW, are you using a usb keyboard? the "send message" key seems to be
stuck <ducking>