Re: Dell Poweredge 420SC SATA support?

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 17:48 -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know if sarge installers support SATA chipset on Dell's 420SC?
> I'm told that there is a CERC SATA RAID controller that is not supported and
> I'm fine with that (would rather use md for raid).  I haven't been able to
> find out yet from Dell techs which chipset is used.

I'm not sure which chipset it used, but I recently did an install on a
new Poweredge server and there was no support for the onboard SATA RAID
controller. I disabled the on-board RAID portion of the controller and
then set the box up to use software RAID and everything worked just

Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837