Re: Exim3 to Exim4

In message <2Wywv-5iH-1@gated-at.bofh.it>, S.D.A. <dallan@rogers.com> writes
Folks:

I'm considering moving up to the newer version. I've been searching online for
a good 'how to', I only found one, and I don't really consider it that "good",
as I'm looking for how the older config maps to the newer one <ie> Smarthost
etc. (I'm presently using exim3 Sarge)

Is it a seamless upgrade? Any suggestions as how to proceed -- I'm aware that
there is a choice of monolithic config or separate files a la Apache2, so
recommendations are welcome.

If it finds an exim.conf file it will attempt a translation to exim4 format. It does warn you to go through it carefully afterwards. It's commented as well as the old style, so it shouldn't be difficult. I have a fairly standard exim.conf, and I thought it was easier to run the exim4 config script and answer the questions again. I'm not doing an upgrade as such, but preparing a new Sarge installation to replace my current Woody.

I think you're looking for an excuse not to read the specification document all the way through...
--
Joe