Re: aptitude keeps trying to replace my vim-gtk and ftpd

Micha Feigin(michf@post.tau.ac.il) is reported to have said:
> For some reason aptitude constently (every apgrade) tried to replace my
> vim-gtk with vim-tcl and ftpd with pure-ftpd, any ideas why?
>
> I don't have any pinning setup.

I just ran aptitude and it got "The following packages are unused and
will be REMOVED".  There are 8 packages it wants to remove, one of
which is bluefish, which I am using as I run aptitude.(?)

A lot of people swear by aptitude but this behavior has made me swear
_at_ it more and more.  Run apt-get dist-upgrade and the upgrade goes
as expected.

There _might_ be some good reason for the way aptitude doese things
but I can't find them.  I would appreciate any explaination for this
bizarre behaviour.

I do use pinning.

Wayne
--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
  -- Ken Olson, President of DEC, World Future Society Convention, 1977