Re: Why does mplayer no longer play Car Talk?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Why does mplayer no longer play Car Talk?
- From: Adam Funk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:10:18 GMT
- Message-id: <eF5id.email@example.com>
- References: <Ia5hd.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <TB3id.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041103123957.GB9682@gevaerts.be>
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 13:00, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:50:11AM +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
>> Thanks, but what I really want to do is use some of mplayer's other
>> options to record it to a WAVE file (as I had been doing until it
>> mysteriously stopped working). I can do it with vsound and realplay,
>> but that doesn't work as well and requires a display
> Yes, but the display can be provided by xvfb, and the xvfb-run script.
> I agree that getting mplayer working is a better solution, but the
> xvfb+vsound solution does work
I'd never heard of xvfb until now but it looks interesting.